Mind Lab Pro® supplies:
Bacopa Monnieri 150 mg
as full-spectrum extract, standardized for min. 24% bacosides with 9 bioactives
Ayurvedic adaptogen herb Bacopa Monnieri supplies active nootropic bacosides that have been suggested to help with multiple aspects of learning and memory.*
- Antioxidant that regenerates other antioxidants for enhanced neuroprotection*
- Helps with acetylcholine, GABA and serotonin brain chemicals*
- Supplies adaptogenic activity to promote balanced stress responses*
- Optimizes external stimuli-dependent higher-order cognitive processes*
- Supports memory, learning rate and retention of new knowledge*
- May help to promote speed of visual information processing*
- Suggested to help with mood balance and cognition under stress*
Mind Lab Pro® Bacopa Monnieri
- Premium herb standardized for 24% potency of active nootropic bacosides
- Precision HPLC-calibrated to supply 9 bioactive bacoside nootropics
- A more precise and reliable Bacopa extract than UV-vis standardized products
Every serving of Mind Lab Pro® is guaranteed to supply the 9 bacosides found in Bacopa that are most strongly associated with nootropic activity:
- Bacoside – A
- Bacoside – I
- Bacoside – II
- Bacopasaponin C
- Jujubogenin isomer of Bacopasaponin C
Some inferior standardized Bacopa monnieri extracts may not supply all of the herb's nootropic constituents, or may use UV-vis testing that may not accurately reflect the herb's true potency.
Why Mind Lab Pro® includes Bacopa Monnieri
Bacopa Monnieri is a traditional Ayurvedic herbal nootropic that is valued for its versatile brain support, but may be most well-known as a memory-enhancing learner’s nootropic.
Modern science seems to back this use, with some research suggesting Bacopa may help people to slow the rate of forgetting newly acquired information while optimizing higher-order cognitive processes like learning and memory.
Additional research has suggested that Bacopa's anti-stress adaptogen effects appear to calm the mind while enhancing cognition -- offering a potential advantage over conventional therapies that relax the mind by slowing cognition.
- Bacopa Monnieri is Mind Lab Pro®’s lead nootropic for students and anyone seeking support for storing new information, retaining knowledge and staying composed during stressful exams or projects.
Beyond learning, Bacopa Monnieri supports mood, mental performance and long-range healthy brain function across all age groups, fitting Mind Lab Pro®’s Universal Nootropic™ strategy.
How Bacopa Monnieri may help with brain health and mental performance
The bacosides in Bacopa Monnieri are antioxidants that regenerate other antioxidants, including brain-protective enzymes superoxide dismutase (SOD) and glutathione peroxidase (GPx). Bacopa Monnieri’s antioxidant activity has also been suggested to counter irregular protein clusters in the brain that are associated with degeneration.
Bacopa Monnieri is considered an adaptogen herb that helps to strengthen the body’s resistance to stress. Some animal research seems to support this possibility, with one finding that Bacopa Monnieri supplementation appears to modulate certain stress hormones and markers in the brain. Researchers interpreted these results as preparing the brain for clear, quick thinking in stressful situations.
Animal research suggests that Bacopa Monnieri may increase cerebral blood flow by 25% in rats, a bioactivity described by researchers as a “pro-cognitive” effect.
Bacopa Monnieri may help with acetylcholine, a key neurotransmitter for memory, sharp mental performance and long-range brain health. In animal research, Bacopa’s acetylcholine support has been suggested to help learning and memory.
Bacopa Monnieri also promotes GABA and serotonin, potential bioactivities that may be reflected in animal research demonstrating the herb’s mood-supportive properties.
Mind Lab Pro® Stack Strategy: Bacopa Monnieri + Phosphatidylserine (PS) for Acquiring and Keeping New Knowledge
Transcending academics, New Knowledge is a key contributor to professional advancement, personal development, game strategy and more. But all knowledge is for naught if it is forgotten during an exam or years in the future.
Bacopa + PS combine to supply full-spectrum learner's support. Bacopa monnieri is suggested to improve learning rate while also sustaining the retention of newly acquired information. Phosphatidylserine, meanwhile, is a leading evidence-backed nootropic for long-term memory and recall.
- Together in Mind Lab Pro®, Bacopa + PS may help learners to encode and recall valuable knowledge in the short term, as well as supporting the ability to recall and draw upon that stored knowledge for years to come.
*The statements on this page have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
- Roodenrys S, et al. Chronic effects of Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri) on human memory. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2002 Aug;27(2):279-81
- Stough C, et al.The chronic effects of an extract of Bacopa monniera (Brahmi) on cognitive function in healthy human subjects.Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2001 Aug;156(4):481-4.
- Bhattacharya SK, Ghosal S. Anxiolytic activity of a standardized extract of Bacopa monniera—an experimental study. Phytomedicine1998;5:77-82..
- Bhattacharya SK, et al.Antioxidant activity of Bacopa monniera in rat frontal cortex, striatum and hippocampus.Phytother Res. 2000 May;14(3):174-9.
- Dhanasekaran M, et al. Neuroprotective mechanisms of ayurvedic antidementia botanical Bacopa monniera. Phytother Res. 2007 Oct;21(10):965-9.
- Chowdhuri DK, et al. Antistress effects of bacosides of Bacopa Monnieri: modulation of Hsp70 expression, superoxide dismutase and cytochrome P450 activity in rat brain. Phytother Res. 2002 Nov;16(7):639-45.
- Kamkaew N. Scholfield N. Ingkaninan K. Taepavarapruk N. Chootip K.Bacopa Monnieri increases cerebral blood flow in rat independent of blood pressure. Phytother Res. 2013;27:135–138.
- Goswami S, Saoji A, Kumar N, Thawani V, Tiwari M, Thawani M. Effect of Bacopa Monnieri on Cognitive functions in Alzheimer’s disease patients. International Journal of Collaborative Research on Internal Medicine & Public Health. 2011; 3(4):285-293.
- Joshi H, Parle M. Brahmi rasayana improves learning and memory in mice. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2006 Mar;3(1):79-85. Epub 2006 Jan 16.
- Sairam K, Dorababu M, Goel RK, Bhattacharya SK. Antidepressant activity of standardized extract of Bacopa monniera in experimental models of depression in rats.Phytomedicine2002;9:207-11.