Mind Lab Pro® supplies:
Rhodiola Rosea 50 mg
standardized to 3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides
Rhodiola rosea is an herbal adaptogen that may strengthen mental and physical stress resistance -- helping to promote mental energy and clear, calm thinking under challenging conditions.*
- Modulates stress hormones that may diminish cognitive function*
- Optimizes brain chemicals norepinephrine, dopamine and serotonin*
- May help to protect and sustain brain chemical acetylcholine*
- Suggested to supply multiple neuroprotective bioactivities*
- Fights mental fatigue; supports an active, stimulated brain-state*
- Promotes peak mental performance during times of stress*
- Optimizes physical and mental work capacity*
- Supports a calm and balanced emotional state*
- May produce stimulating effects in 30 minutes that last 4-6 hours<1>*
Mind Lab Pro®'s Rhodiola Rosea
- Rhodiola Rosea, superior to the Rhodiola crenulada in other stacks
- Standardized for a minimum of 3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides
- Strongest potency of Rhodiola rosea nootropic bioactives available
- Enhanced-potency form of a traditional herbal performance booster
- 50 mg; smaller Rhodiola dosages are suggested to be more stimulating than larger doses
Why Mind Lab Pro® Includes Rhodiola Rosea
Every day we are bombarded with physical, emotional and chemical stressors that can knock the endocrine system off-balance -- which may in turn lead to stress-related mental fatigue and brain fog.<2>
Rhodiola rosea may help because it is an adaptogen: Part of a class of herbs that are used to strengthen mind-body resistance to stress to maintain normal, balanced physiological function.
As an adaptogen, Rhodiola supplies short-term performance support and long-range brain health support by acting on two separate pathways:<3>
- A single dose of Rhodiola affects The sympatho-adrenal-system (SAS), which controls the body’s reaction and adaptation to short-term stressors like emergency “fight-or-flight” situations.
- Ongoing adaptogen supplementation is believed to regulate the hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal axis (HPA axis): A stress-response center in the body that manages long-term stress.
By countering stress's brain-dulling effects, Rhodiola rosea helps energize the brain for sharp cognitive function when it counts the most.
In Russia, Rhodiola has been traditionally used by workers to improve productivity; by cosmonauts to stay mentally sharp under pressure; and by world-class athletes to gain a safe, legal competitive edge.
- Mind Lab Pro® includes Rhodiola Rosea as a cognition-enhancing psychostimulant that works best during mental stress like athletic competition, sleep deprivation, test-taking, presentations and deadlines.
Beyond its performance-enhancing effects, Rhodiola rosea optimizes several biological pathways for all-around brain health support and diverse cognitive enhancements. In reviews and research studies, it has been suggested to:
- Enhance both mental and physical performance and work capacity without the negative effects or crashes of typical stimulants<4>
- Reduce general fatigue under stressful conditions<5>
- Help to promote a calm, positive-minded mood<6>
How Rhodiola Rosea may support mental performance and brain health
Rhodiola Rosea may sustain brain chemicals including norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine. Neurotransmitters in this class are critical for cognitive processing speed, concentration, mood and memory. Rhodiola may modulate the monoamine oxidase enzymes that would otherwise destroy these neurotransmitters.<7>
Rhodiola has also been suggested to help maintain the brain chemical acetylcholine by inhibiting ACHe, an enzyme that degrades acetcylcholine.<8>
Small doses of Rhodiola Rosea have been suggested to raise the brain’s electrical activity.<9> Some researchers have suggested that Rhodiola's stimulating effects may commence within 30 minutes of taking the herb, and may continue for up to 6 hours.<1> The herb’s stress-resistance benefits and stimulating benefits combine to promote energized mental clarity.
Rhodiola rosea has been suggested to exert antioxidant, inflammation-modulating, and structure-supportive effects on the brain that may help with some aspects of age-related cognitive decline.<10>
Rhodiola's neuroprotective ability extends to influence the endocrine system’s HPA axis, helping to strengthen mental (and physical) resistance to stress.<11>
Mind Lab Pro® Stack Strategy: Rhodiola Rosea + Citicoline for Crash-Free Mental Energy
Among the adaptogens, Rhodiola rosea may be most known for its potential to ease fatigue in stressful situations while promoting revitalizing mental energy -- effects it achieves by optimizing stress hormones and cognitive neurotransmitters.
Citicoline is another mental energy nootropic, but it works differently from Rhodiola; instead enhancing brain energy metabolism by optimizing brain cells' mitochondria powerhouses.
- Together in Mind Lab Pro®, Rhodiola rosea and Citicoline combine to promote mental energy in separate, complementary ways. Both Rhodiola and Citicoline have been noted to achieve their brain-energizing effects without the crash or side effects of caffeine or other typical energizers. More on Mind Lab Pro®'s Citicoline
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.