Mind Lab Pro® supplies:
Vitamin B6 2.5 mg
as BioGenesis™ nature-identical
Vitamin B6 is a core nootropic for brain chemicals: It catalyzes several neurotransmitter conversions and is used to make serotonin, norepinephrine, GABA and melatonin.*
- Supports synthesis and conversion of cognition-critical brain chemicals*
- Helps form myelin sheaths throughout the nervous system*
- Fights the formation of cerebrovascular-damaging homocysteine*
- May promote healthy memory and attentional performance*
- Supports brain chemicals associated with a bright, healthy mood*
- Contributes to long-range brain health and mental clarity*
Mind Lab Pro® Vitamin B6
- Premium Vitamin B6 as BioGenesis™ nature-identical
- Clean, eco-friendly B6 grown on cultures in a state-of-the art laboratory
- Complexed with whole-food cofactors to enhance absorption
- Superior to Pyridoxine HCl B6 used in some nootropic stacks
Why Mind Lab Pro® Includes Vitamin B6
Vitamin B6 is critical for life-sustaining actions throughout the body, but is 100X more concentrated in the brain than the bloodstream.
B6's high concentration in the brain reflects its role in the formation and release of brain chemicals, and may underscore its place as an essential foundation nootropic for overall mental performance.
Some people fail to get enough B6, however – a common nutritional shortfall that may be linked to low brainpower.
In animal research, B6 deficiency has been suggested to reduce the brain’s consumption of glucose by 50%, which may increase risk of cognitive decline and emotional imbalance.1
In response to low Vitamin B6 intake concerns, some researchers have called for raising the recommended intake of this nootropic B-vitamin.2
- Mind Lab Pro® supplies Vitamin B6 as BioGenesis™ to help support brain chemicals associated with long-term memory, a calm state of mind, bright mood and attention span.
In addition to supporting serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine and GABA, B6 plays a role in myelin formation, promotes cerebrovascular function, and helps support blood-brain barrier integrity.3,4
Researchers have suggested that B6 supplementation in elderly populations may improve the storage of information modestly but significantly, especially over the long term.5
Researchers have also suggested that high-dosage b6 may be employed as an anti-stress strategy, with potential mood-balancing effects.6
How Vitamin B6 may support mental performance and brain health
B6 optimizes neurotransmitters, helping to synthesize serotonin, norepinephrine and GABA while supporting Tryptophan → serotonin, 5-HTP → serotonin, and DOPA → dopamine conversions.7
B6 may help protect the blood-brain barrier’s microvascular system from the homocysteine that can damage blood vessel linings and contribute to cognitive decline.
Research has linked elevated homocysteine levels to low performance across eight measures of cognitive performance, including memory and learning.8
B6 helps protect the integrity of the blood-brain barrier. It also helps form myelin, the fatty sheath that surrounds and protects neurons.9
Mind Lab Pro® Stack Strategy: Vitamin B6 and L-Theanine for a Bright, Healthy Mood
Vitamin B6's role in neurotransmitter synthesis and conversion is associated with mood balance; low levels of B6 have been linked to issues with tension and blue moods. Supplemental B6 is suggested to help restore mood balance. L-Theanine supports a bright, relaxed mood via an entirely separate pathway: By increasing Alpha brainwave activity
- Together in Mind Lab Pro®, Vitamin B6 and L-Theanine supply complementary support for a positive, balanced mental state -- raising Alpha brainwaves for immediate mood support and optimizing brain chemical synthesis and conversion for long-range emotional balance. More on L-Theanine
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.