Mind Lab Pro® supplies:
L-Theanine 100 mg
L-Theanine is a soothing amino acid from green tea that increases the activity of the Alpha brain waves associated with wakeful relaxation, mood enhancement, creative thinking and calm mental clarity.*
- Raises activity of Alpha brainwaves.*
- Protects brain cells by blocking glutamate receptors.*
- Supplies neuroprotective antioxidant activity.*
- May inhibit excitatory neural states.*
- Helps instill calm tranquility without sedation.*
- Promotes memory, concentration, alertness and learning.*
- Helps attention during difficult, long-duration mental tasks.*
- May potentiate caffeine while modulating its jittery side effects,*
Mind Lab Pro®'s L-Theanine as Suntheanine®
- Premium Suntheanine®, 100% pure L-isomer form.
- Patented fermentation process mirrors green tea's profile.
- Protected by over 40 additional U.S. and international patents.
- Suntheanine® is shown in human research to raise Alpha brainwaves.
- Mind Lab Pro®'s 100 mg Suntheanine® dosage supplies the equivalent L-Theanine amount found in 10+ cups of green tea.
Why Mind Lab Pro® Includes L-Theanine
The Alpha brain wave frequency (8-14 Hz) promotes an alert state of relaxation without drowsiness.
Also known as "wakeful relaxation," The Alpha brain wave mind state is considered beneficial for studying, new learning, creative problem solving, art, or other tasks that require quiet contemplation.
Mind Lab Pro® includes L-Theanine as the best evidence-backed nootropic for promoting Alpha brainwaves, supplying unique cognitive support for productivity, creativity and mood.
L-Theanine's brainwave modulation and other brain-supportive bioactivities may support healthy cognitive function in many ways. L-Theanine has been suggested in human research to:
- Sustain attention over the duration of time-consuming, difficult cognitive tasks.1
- Exert anti-stress effects by calming excitable nerves, resulting in a slower heart rate and lower stress hormone levels.2
- Indirectly support cognitive performance by promoting sleep via relaxation, not sedation.3
- Help reduce the rate of cognitive decline in elderly individuals.4
L-Theanine fits Mind Lab Pro®’s Universal Nootropic™ strategy with versatile brain benefits for everyone: Younger students under pressure to perform mentally; over-caffeinated professionals who need a cleaner, calmer pick-me-up for productivity; and adults age 50+ who want to maintain their mental sharpness.
How L-Theanine may help with brain health and mental performance
L-Theanine has been shown to significantly raise Alpha brainwaves. This Alpha activity is suggested to raise mental awareness and arousal, induce relaxation without drowsiness, and significantly influence some aspects of attentional performance.5
L-Theanine can cross the blood-brain barrier to directly support brain chemicals associated with relaxation: GABA, dopamine and serotonin.6 At the same time, L-Theanine binds to glutamate receptors to block the excitatory brain chemical L-Glutamate, which triggers stressful, agitated mind-states and may contribute to brain degeneration concerns.7
Tea consumption has been associated with benefits for cognitive performance in elderly individuals in cognitive decline.8 This possible advantage has been attributed to tea’s neuroprotective compounds, including polyphenols and L-Theanine.9
Mind Lab Pro® Stack Strategy: L-Theanine + Your Favorite Source of Caffeine for Mental Alertness
Mind Lab Pro® is caffeine-free. One of the reasons why: Many people already drink coffee, tea, energy drinks, and other caffeinated beverages to boost their alertness during the day. Mind Lab Pro®'s L-Theanine works as a complement to caffeine:
L-Theanine is suggested to potentiate the effects of caffeine, and has been shown to attenuate the blood vessel constriction and reduction in cerebral circulation that accompanies caffeine consumption.10
L-Theanine + Caffeine is a popular nootropic stack, suggested to provide a clean vitality lift with fewer jitters than caffeine alone.
Mind Lab Pro® supplies L-Theanine in a caffeine-free formula, enabling more precise control over stimulant intake and the L-Theanine + Caffeine stack's ultimate nootropic effects.
Want to experience L-Theanine + Caffeine made better?
Check out Performance Lab® Stim.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- Manuel Gomez-Ramirez, et al. The Effects of L-theanine on Alpha-Band Oscillatory Brain Activity During a Visuo-Spatial Attention Task. Brain Topogr (2009) 22:44–51
- Kimura K. L-Theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responses. Biol Psychol. 2007 Jan;74(1):39-45
- Rao TP, Ozeki M, et al. In Search of a Safe Natural Sleep Aid. J Am Coll Nutr. 2015 Mar 11:1-12.
- Kakuda T. Neuroprotective effects of theanine and its preventive effects on cognitive dysfunction.Pharmacol Res. 2011 Aug;64(2):162-8.
- Nobre AC, et al. L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect on mental state. Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 01/2008; 17 Suppl 1:167-8.
- Nathan PJ, Lu K, Gray M, Oliver C. The neuropharmacology of L-theanine(N-ethyl-L-glutamine): a possible neuroprotective and cognitive enhancing agent. J Herb Pharmacother. 2006;6:21–30.
- Kakuda T, Nozawa A, Sugimoto A, Nino H. Inhibition by theanine of binding of (3H)AMPA, (3H)Kainate and (3H)MDL 105,519 to glutamate receptors. Biosci Biotech Biochem, 2002;66:2683–2686
- Ng T-P, Feng L, Niti M, Kua E-H, Yap K-B. Tea consumption and cognitive impairment and decline in older Chinese adults. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2008;88(1):224–231
- Song J, Xu H, Liu F, Feng L. Tea and cognitive health in late life: current evidence and future directions. Journal of Nutrition, Health and Aging. 2012;16(1):31–34.
- Dodd, F. L. et al. “A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study Evaluating the Effects of Caffeine and L-Theanine Both Alone and in Combination on Cerebral Blood Flow, Cognition and Mood.” Psychopharmacology 232.14 (2015): 2563–2576. PMC. Web. 1 Oct. 2016.