Mind Lab Pro® supplies:
Vitamin B9 100 mcg
as BioGenesis™ nature-identical
Vitamin B9 is an essential nootropic vitamin that supports cerebrovascular function for overall brain health and neurotransmitters that regulate mood, memory and mental performance.*
- Supports brain chemicals associated with a bright, healthy mood*
- Regulates blood homocysteine that interferes with cerebral circulation*
- Optimizes brain health for long-range memory and mental performance*
- Suggested to help promote social function, concentration and alertness*
Mind Lab Pro® Vitamin B9
- Premium BioGenesis™ Vitamin B9 as nature-identical, whole-food folate
- BioGenesis™ folate efficiently converts into active nootropic L-methylfolate
- L-methylfolate is 4X more concentrated in the brain than the bloodstream
- Clean, eco-friendly B9 grown on cultures in a state-of-the-art laboratory
- Superior to synthetic folic acid form of B9 used in some nootropic stacks
Why Mind Lab Pro® Includes Vitamin B9
Vitamin B9 is an essential nutrient for overall brain health. In infancy, it is critical for healthy brain development; in adulthood, it maintains healthy cognitive function, largely due to its role in regulating homocysteine.
Suboptimal Vitamin B9 levels can result in high homocysteine, which in turn contributes to age-related cognitive decline, mood imbalance and poor mental performance.<1>
- Mind Lab Pro® supplies Vitamin B9 to balance homocysteine levels, thereby optimizing blood flow to the brain and production of neurotransmitters needed for healthy memory, mood and mental processing.
How Vitamin B9 may help with brain health and mental performance
Brain Circulation + Brain Protection
Homocysteine in the bloodstream increases vascular oxidative stress, irritates and damages blood vessel linings, and affects blood clotting pathways – creating health concerns for the healthy cerebrovascular function that is critical for cognitive performance.<2,3,4>
High homocysteine levels correlate to low B9 intake;<5> both of which are tied to cognitive decline and unhealthy changes to brain structure.<6>
- In supplement form, Vitamins B6, B9 and B12 – all found in Mind Lab Pro® – have been shown to effectively reduce blood homocysteine levels.<7>
Vitamin B9 as folate helps to convert homocysteine to methionine – helping to reduce blood homocysteine levels to a healthier range associated with sharp mental performance.<8>
In regulating homocysteine, Vitamin B9 may help protect the blood-brain barrier’s microvascular system; high homocysteine can damage cerebral blood vessel linings and contribute to cognitive decline.
Mind Lab Pro® Vitamin B9 as nature-identical folate efficiently converts into L-Methylfolate, the active nootropic form that enables the production of three important brain chemicals: Serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine.<9>
Low folate levels have been linked to mood imbalance, with researchers suggesting folate supplementation may help by promoting healthy serotonin levels.<10>
In addition, folate acts as a methyl donor to help the body naturally synthesize S-Adenosyl-methionine (SAMe), a signaling compound tied to serotonin that may further support a bright, healthy mood.<11>
Mind Lab Pro® Stack Strategy: B9+B6+B12 for Homocysteine Balance and Cerebrovascular Health
Low Vitamin B9 (as folate) and high homocysteine levels are a modifiable risk factor for poor mental performance and cognitive decline, in part because high homocysteine interferes with healthy cerebrovascular function.
Meta-analysis of 12 clinical trials including over 1,100 study subjects has suggested that supplementation with .5 mg of Vitamin B9 appears to be associated with a 25% reduction in blood homocysteine concentrations; adding .5 mcg of Vitamin B12 to the supplementation regimen was associated with an additional 7% reduction in blood homocysteine levels.<12>
- Mind Lab Pro® supplies all three of the B vitamins that are most associated with regulating homocysteine levels: Vitamins B6, B9 and B12. In doing so, Mind Lab Pro® addresses an important risk factor for long-range brain health and mental clarity.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.