Mind Lab Pro® supplies:
Vitamin B12 7.5 mcg
as BioGenesis™ nature-identical
Vitamin B12 is an important essential nutrient for healthy nervous system function, including the brain, where it promotes the formation of myelin nerve sheaths.*
- Foundation support for nervous system maintenance*
- Plays a role in the myelination that optimizes neurons*
- Protects cerebral blood vessels from homocysteine*
- Helps maintain brain size during the aging process*
- Helps protect mental clarity and cognitive function against age-related cognitive decline*
- May help to maintain healthy mental energy levels*
Mind Lab Pro® Vitamin B12
- Premium Vitamin B12 as BioGenesis™ nature-identical
- Clean, eco-friendly B12 grown on cultures in a state-of-the-art laboratory
- Complexed with whole-food cofactors to enhance absorption
- Superior to cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12 used in some nootropic stacks
Why Mind Lab Pro® Includes Vitamin B12
Vitamin B12 is an essential nutrient for nervous system health, but as stomach acid naturally declines with age, it becomes much harder to absorb. In fact, 30% of all adults over 50 have trouble with B12 absorption.<1>
Since dietary B12 is obtained mostly from animal sources, vegans and vegetarians are also often deficient in vitamin B12.<2>
B12 deficiency is bad for cognition: Inadequate B12 intake has been linked to age-related cognitive decline;<3>emotional imbalance, brain degeneration and other cognitive concerns.<4,5>
- Mind Lab Pro® supplies B12 as a foundation nootropic that many adults may be missing. In contributing to healthy B12 intake, Mind Lab Pro® supports brain chemicals, nerve myelination and brain energy.
How Vitamin B12 may help with brain health and mental performance
B12 is a cofactor in the synthesis of dopamine and serotonin.<6> Animal studies have also shown that B12-deficient rats have lower levels of norepinephrine, suggesting additional brain chemical potential.<7>
Vitamin B12 is used throughout the entire nervous system in the formation of myelin, the fatty sheath that protects and optimizes communication between all neurons in the brain.<8,9>
Like Vitamin B6, B12 plays a role in balancing homocysteine levels. High levels of homocysteine have been linked to cerebral vascular damage and cognitive decline.<10> B12 may help blood vessels and brain circulation by keeping homocysteine in check; one study found B12 supplementation reduced homocysteine by 36%.11
B12 is suggested to play a role in cell energy metabolism throughout the body, including within brain cells.
Mind Lab Pro® Stack Strategy: Vitamin B12 and Lion's Mane Mushroom for Healthy Brain Structure
Both Vitamin B12 and Lion's Mane Mushroom are suggested to assist with myelination: The formation of fatty myelin sheaths that surround nerve cells. Healthy myelination helps to protect brain cells and accelerate neurotransmission.
- Together in Mind Lab Pro®, Vitamin B12 and Lion's Mane Mushroom supply support for myelination that is needed for brain health, brain regeneration, and overall healthy function throughout the brain and nervous system. More on Lion's Mane Mushroom
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.