Nootropics are popular brain-boosting supplements used by students, athletes, professionals and artists, to name a few. But the list goes on and on.
- Since the brain controls every aspect of our lives, optimizing its complex processes can be life-enhancing for pretty much everyone.
Below, we'll discuss how nootropics can optimize the brainpower of people from all walks of life. If you're not already using natural nootropics, we'll explain why you could be missing out-- and what specific mental performance benefits you may gain for your lifestyle by taking a smart nootropic stack supplement.
Are you a student who finds yourself in the library until all hours of the night, drinking mounds of sugar and caffeine in the form of coffee and energy drinks to stay alert? If so, have you ever wondered if there's a better way to maintain your GPA?
Stimulants are great and all, but they're simply unsustainable. Whereas stimulants increase energy quickly, raise heart rate and cause energy levels to crash quickly, nootropics are all natural with no caffeine or stimulants. They similar alertness benefits and additional cognitive performance improvements without the negative effects.<1>
For example, some nootropics can reduce the release of cortisol in reaction to stressors, unlike stimulants. They also support brain chemicals like dopamine in the brain. This can be monumental for students cramming for a test or working on a last-minute assignment. It may especially help students struggling with anxiety or ADHD.
Studying, memory, stress resistance, mood
- supporting brain chemicals that help students stay alert and concentrated for better grades on school work
- increasing the speed at which we process information for learning new material and multitasking
- boosting memory and information storage for an optimized education
- increasing our resistance to the stress and pressures of school and work
- helping with mood balance for better quality work
- initiating calm, attentive thinking with no sedation
- maintaining cognitive performance while sleep-deprived; good for exams after all-night study sessions
As you can see, the collective effects of nootropics for students can help improve their quality of work under stress and possibly, promote good grades. Thus, nootropics may be worth a shot for students wanting to juggle various tasks and activities while maintaining a high GPA.
Athletes are constantly looking for ways to get ahead of the competition. Hence why they like to use nootropics. Nootropics can help improve focus, mental clarity and reduce our reactions to stress, which are important factors for athletes under pressure.
Picture the quarterback who only has a couple of seconds to decide where to throw the ball before getting tackled. An all natural nootropic might get him thinking faster in game-time situations in order to maintain possession. That's what nootropics for athletes do: prepare them to excel under pressure.
Technically, certain nootropics can reduce reactions to stress by buffering the stress-hormone cortisol.<2> In addition, some nootropics induce a state of relaxed focus. When combined with stress-reduction, this may be exactly what an athlete needs to calm their nerves before a big game.
Training intensity, focus, energy, motivation
Mind Lab Pro® nootropics for athletes include Maritime Pine Bark Extract, Phosphatidylserine, Rhodiola Rosea, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B9 and Vitamin B12, Citicoline, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (NALT) and Bacopa Monnieri. These nootropics may help athletes by:
- supporting brain chemicals like acetylcholine for higher intensity workouts and greater muscle development
- increasing the speed in which athletes process visual information to improve hand-eye coordination
- optimizing mental energy and willpower, which in turn promotes stamina and superior playing field performance
- reducing reactions to stress, especially under fatigue, for better focus and mental clarity during game-day pressure
Intriguingly, nootropics for athletes have a powerful mind-body effect -- leveraging brainpower to enhance physical development and performance.
From poker games to CrossFit competitions, competitors know it takes intense focus, strategy and energy to get ahead. That's why they often look to nootropics for help.
Nootropics for competitors can increase focused relaxation, energy, memory and cognition under pressure. Hence why they're a no-brainer for so many different competitors. Brain boosters provide this energy and focus without the crash from stimulants like coffee and energy drinks, ultimately propelling competitors to victory.
For example, poker players need ultimate focus to strategize their wins. They often try to pick up on and memorize the mannerisms of opponents. Nootropics like citicoline promote neurotransmitters like acetylcholine to support mood balance, attention, focus, and memory. As such, this cognitive support could be the differentiator in a close poker game being played for a lot of money.
Strategy, calm, memory, stress resistance
- increasing focus and strategic thinking to transcend the competition, even in distracting environments
- supporting clear memory and optimize learning to increase chances for victory
- reducing negative reactions to stress and pressure by buffering cortisol to propel competitors
- supporting brain chemicals that promote energy and motivation for higher stamina
- sharpening mental clarity for ultimate focus during competition
While nootropics are great for low-activity competitors like poker and chess players, physical competitors like bodybuilders can benefit as well. For instance, they may gain extra muscle mass from increased stamina due to extra energy and motivation provided by nootropic stacks.
Think about it. You have seemingly infinite emails to read and reply to, you have three assignments due at the end of the day and your boss just dropped another memo on your desk. Sometimes, it seems impossible to focus on any one thing.
Nootropics can help professionals stay alert yet relaxed and focused under pressure without the crash and burn of stimulants. For instance, they can buffer stress reactions and induce Alpha brain waves, allowing us to get work done with calm, relaxed focus -- rather than a frantic, stressed-out mindset. These Alpha brain waves may also help us solve complex problems more creatively in the workplace.
Ultimately, nootropics may help with everyday work performance by supporting brain chemicals like dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine. These neurotransmitters are normally depleted by multitasking and high-stress thinking. However, nootropics can re-up our levels to increase motivation and productivity throughout the workday.
Productivity, multitasking, communication
Mind Lab Pro® nootropics for professionals include L-Theanine, Citicoline, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Phosphatidylserine, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B9, Vitamin B12, Maritime Pine Bark Extract and Bacopa Monnieri. These nootropics may help professionals with brainpower by:
- helping increase productivity by stimulating neurotransmitters that improve focus
- improving ability to multitask under pressure at work
- promoting brain chemicals that relax and clear the mind for mental clarity throughout the workday
- improving creative problem-solving for complex issues in the workplace via Alpha brain waves
- buffering cortisol reactions to stressors to help maintain clear thinking and mood balance under pressure
- increasing work capacity by supporting brain chemicals that boost energy and motivation
With nootropics, professionals can help themselves to get work done and solve problems naturally, all while keeping their cool. Whether you're a CEO or an intern, the best nootropics for professionals can help you get through long days full of endless responsibilities.
Artists can benefit greatly from nootropic brain boosters. Specifically, nootropics can boost creativity and productivity by supporting specific brain functions. It can also reduce our reactions to stress to clear the way for new ideas.
For instance, a painter struggling to stay focused on small details of a big painting, for instance, may benefit from a nootropic like L-Theanine. L-Theanine induces a state of focused relaxation by promoting calming neurotransmitters like serotonin and GABA.
This may be exactly what an artist needs to get the job done. L-Theanine may also help induce an Alpha brainwave state, which can bring new, creative ideas to the surface.<3>
Thus, nootropics may help writers, jewelry makers, sculptors, graphic artists, painters, singers, dancers, musicians, actors and more to increase productivity, creativity and motivation to complete their artwork and reach their full creative potentials. Here are the details.
Creativity, focus, relaxation, memory
Mind Lab Pro® nootropics for artists include L-Theanine, Rhodiola Rosea, N-Acetyl-L-tyrosine, Bacopa Monnieri, Lion's Mane Mushroom, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B9, Vitamin B12, Phosphatidylserine and Citicoline. These nootropics may help artists by:
- raising an Alpha brain wave state, associated with clam, relaxed creativity
- helping with stage fright by easing anxiety and mitigating reactions to stress
- improving creative productivity by increasing alertness and concentration without stimulation
- increasing motivation, focus and energy to complete painstaking, labor-of-love style art projects and assignments
Overall, artists sometimes need a boost to complete tedious projects and power through deadlines. They may also need help with memory and focus under stressful circumstances.
If you're over age 55, your brain may be experiencing the symptoms of aging. These can include short or long-term memory loss, brain fog, fatigue and cognitive decline due to a decrease in hormones and brain chemicals like dopamine, serotonin and sex hormones.<4>
Such symptoms are limiting for grandparents trying to keep up with the kids or aging men and women who need the energy to stay active. By promoting overall brain health and peak mental performance, nootropics can help with many aspects of cognitive decline while setting the stage for a healthy cognitive future. Thus, the active and over 55 demographic may benefit the most from natural nootropic brain boosters.
For example, natural nootropics like Lion's Mane Mushroom support brain chemicals like Nerve Growth Factor (NGF). NGF may increase neuroplasticity to help with memory, mood balance and learning in aging men and women.
Brain health, memory, mood
Mind Lab Pro® nootropics for active adults 55+ include Phosphatidylserine, Bacopa Monnieri, Lion's Mane Mushroom, Maritime Pine Bark Extract, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Rhodiola Rosea and Citicoline. These nootropics may help mature adults by:
- helping with age-associated memory loss and memory impairment
- increase motivation and energy for regular exercise to maintain overall health<5>
- balancing mood by supporting the production and suppression of certain neurotransmitters
- decreasing mental and physical fatigue throughout the day
- reducing brain fog associated with aging and improve mental clarity
Nootropics for Everybody
Since our brains determine the course of all of our lives, ultimately, natural brain-boosting nootropics can benefit every demographic in some way, shape or form.
You may take specific nootropics to enhance the brain bioactivities that are most beneficial for your age group, professional pursuits or lifestyle goals.
However, the best nootropic benefits for any and all demographics may be achieved with a Universal Nootropic™ approach: Boosting the entire brain to enhance all types of cognition, for a flexible brainpower state that supports what you need, when you need it --an especially valuable benefit for those who lead dynamic lives with varied cognitive demands and activities.
Mind Lab Pro® Universal Nootropic™ formula optimizes the whole brain to unlock peak-performing cognition for everyone.
Regardless of who you are or what you do, a healthy, peak-performing brain will help you perform better at life itself.
Mind Lab Pro® is one nootropic for all -- uniquely boosting all aspects of mental performance while nourishing the brain for long-range health. It's the only nootropic formula you'll ever need.
- Suliman NA et al. Establishing Natural Nootropics: Recent Molecular Enhancement Influenced by Natural Nootropic. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2016 Aug 30.
- White DJ et al. Anti-Stress, Behavioural and Magnetoencephalography Effects of an l-Theanine-Based Nutrient Drink: A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Trial. Nutrients. 2016 Jan; 8(1): 53.
- Mason R. L-Theanine Boosts Alpha Waves, Promotes Alert Relaxation. Alternative and Complementary Therapies. April 2001: 91-92.
- Peters R. Ageing and the brain. Postgrad Med J. 2006 Feb; 82(964): 84–88.
- Akhondzadeh S, Gerbarg PL, and Brown RP. Nutrients for ...mental health disorders. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2013 Mar;36(1):25-36.