Supercharge Your Brain to Maximize Your Gains
If you're a bodybuilder, there are days when you're stuck in a rut physically and mentally. When lack of concentration and focus creep in, you cannot achieve peak training performance.
Sometimes, the body is willing but the mind simply isn't.
The good news: Modern nootropics for bodybuilding can boost your brain to supercharge your body -- tapping the power of mind-over-matter to help you achieve maximum gains.
How Can Nootropics Improve Bodybuilding Performance?
Bodybuilding is as mental as it is physical. If your body is in peak shape but your mind isn't, it will all go for naught.
If you're a bodybuilder - whether it's professional or recreational - you need to push yourself mentally in order to conquer the toughest workouts.
Nootropics are brain-boosting supplements. The best nootropics help bodybuilders enhance several mental aspects for training performance, including the following:
Bodybuilders need lazer-sharp focus so they can crank out as many reps as possible. Just like most people, they, too, think about many things - professional concerns, family issues, and other obligations. These constantly vie for their attention.
Once bodybuilders go to the gym, they have to set these aside and zero in on their fitness routine. After they finish their last rep and leave the premises, they go back to reality. It's a mental battle they must win consistently.
Bodybuilding requires a strong mind-body connection<1>.
You must harness your mental faculties on your exercise routine day in and day out. If you do this, you will achieve your fitness goals whether it's increasing muscle mass, boosting fat loss, or both.
Intensity and Motivation
Bodybuilding is an intense sport. In fact, it's one of the toughest - ask any pro like Arnold Schwarzenegger or Sadik Hadzovic. You have to perform at peak levels every time you lift at the gym. Bodybuilding is not for lackadaisical people.
This is where intensity comes in. Your trainer will design a suitable program you must follow so you can achieve your fitness goals. This is not an easy task. Expect your training program to intensify. In other words, you need intensity and motivation to succeed at the gym. Nootropics can help you in that regard.
For example, nootropics can help improve motivation in two ways:
- Increasing catechomaline activity: Nootropic supplementation helps regulate the activity of catechomaline neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine. Higher levels of these excitatory transmitters increase your motivation<2> for your workouts and regular daily activities.
- Ramping up energy levels: Nootropics which enhance mental energy help ward off fatigue and burnout. As a result, you increase your workout intensity for better overall results.
Mind Over Matter
Perhaps you've heard of the saying, "Mind over matter." To simplify things, your mind can help you achieve your goals amidst insurmountable odds. There's no better example than bodybuilding.
Say, you need to crank out several more reps but your mental engine is sputtering. You know your body can still take it. However, your mind is beginning to give out.
- Nootropics can help your mind give your body that one key push which makes all the difference.
These nootropics support brain chemicals that regulate one's inner drive. These neurotransmitters include acetylcholine, dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, epinephrine, and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA).
Bodybuilders also experience stress. In fact, a hard workout can take a toll on both the body and mind. These athletes commonly experience two kinds of stress:
- Cortisol: This is the dreaded stress hormone which may affect training results negatively. Higher levels can impede muscle growth<3> . If you want to gain serious muscle mass, you have to keep your cortisol levels in check.
- Oxidative stress: This occurs when free radicals outnumber antioxidant levels. As a result, free radical damage occurs. Oxidative stress can result in serious health issues<4> .
Taking adaptogens (herbal ingredients which help balance hormones and keep stress levels in check) and nootropics can help bodybuilders negate the effects of high cortisol and oxidative stress levels.
Bodybuilding and Concentration
Concentration is essential to bodybuilding. Simply put, it means setting distractions aside so you can focus on that task at hand.
Some experts believe the true measure of concentration isn't about the mind's ability to focus -- it's more about the ability to block distractions so you can get the most out of your training.
Many bodybuilders resort to popular stimulants (mainly from caffeine<5> and pre-workouts in powder and capsules) so they can gain an edge. While these supplements are effective, and offer certain advantages (increased focus and muscle pumps, improved nutrient uptake, ramped-up energy levels, etc.), excessive stimulant usage also has disadvantages:
- Lethargy and poor concentration
Moreover, going overboard on stimulants may produce the dreaded spike-crash effect - an increase in focus followed by a sudden lack of concentration.
The simple takeaway here is to keep stimulants to a minimum. If you're on the lookout for a big-name nootropic, make sure it has little to no stimulant content so you can reap its benefits to the fullest.
Mind Lab Pro®️ Nootropics for Bodybuilding
Rhodiola rosea is an herbal ingredient and adaptogen which has earned a reputation as a mental and physical performance enhancer.
- The key: Rhodiola supports dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine activity. Rhodiola can inhibit monoamine oxidase action which break down these vital neurotransmitters.
Bodybuilders need to keep their stress hormone (cortisol) levels in check if they want to grow muscle mass and perform at peak levels. Rhodiola rosea wards off cortisol by modulating the hypothalamic-pituitary (HPA) axis.
It is concluded that repeated administration of R. ROSEA extract... exerts an anti-fatigue effect that increases mental performance, particularly the ability to concentrate, and decreases cortisol response to awakening stress in burnout patients with fatigue syndrome.
N-Acetyl L-tyrosine (or simply NALT) is a precursor amino acid which synthesizes the neurotransmitters dopamine, epinephrine, and norepinephrine.
NALT helps offset the effects of low cortisol levels as a result of intense bodybuilding training. It helps protect the brain against stress hormones. It also helps replenish depleted neurotransmitter levels due to excessive stress.
When your mind begins to show signs of fatigue, NALT will help give it a second wind -- this component has a reputation for boosting mental performance and increasing alertness, both of which can help you in the gym.
In other words, if you're a hard-training bodybuilder, NALT helps boost your cognitive performance during your training sessions. In fact, some studies conclude it helps improve exercise tolerance and keep fatigue at bay.<7>
Citicoline is a natural smart drug that is an enhanced form of choline. It helps synthesize two vital components of neurological function:
- Phosphatidylcholine (PC): This phospholipid helps create and repair new brain cells.
- Acetylcholine (ACh): This is a neurotransmitter activates the cholinergic system which plays a role in memory, learning, and recall.
In terms of nootropic bodybuilding benefits, citicoline increases mental energy.
This is a crucial positive benefit because this sport can drain not only your physical reserves, but your mental ones as well. When you lift heavy weights at the gym consistently, it can take a toll on your mental energy. Supplementation with citicoline helps offset that.
In addition, citicoline enhances a bodybuilder's mental vitality without the dreaded crash effect he may experience from stimulants.
L-Theanine is an amino acid and natural ingredient of green tea. Monks have been taking this component for thousands of years because they believe it helps relax their minds.
- In terms of bodybuilding, L-Theanine helps promote wakeful relaxation that is ideal for transcending physical limitations.
L-theanine works by raising alpha waves and increasing neurotransmitters, enabling a calming effect without any detrimental effects on mental performance.
If you're a bodybuilder who takes a pre-workout supplement with caffeine, L-Theanine can help offset its stimulatory effects. Wonder no more why manufacturers include L-Theanine in their pre-workouts.
Performance Lab Stim contains both ingredients, as well as l-tyrosine. To help boost your mind-muscle-connection in the gym while boosting your energy levels.
- Get the best deal on Performance Lab Stim at: www.performancelab.com
L-theanine may also have post-workout benefits for bodybuilders. According to the September 17, 2008 issue of the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition (via NCBI.NLM.NIH.gov)<8>, "Post-workout supplementation of 50 mg of l-theanine accelerates mental regeneration after physical exercise."
Strenuous exercise like bodybuilding can take a toll on your mental faculties.
It turns out L-Theanine can help rev up your mental engine before, during, and after a hard training session at the gym.
L-Theanine's versatility as a bodybuilding nootropic ingredient makes it a must-have for any athlete.
In general, B vitamins help support cardiovascular function and increase energy levels. In terms of nootropic benefits for the bodybuilder, vitamin B6 stands out the most.
Vitamin B6 helps produce and convert neurotransmitters<9> such as serotonin and norepinephrine. This vitamin helps increase one's attention. If you're having trouble focusing on your sets at the gym, vitamin B6 will help you stay locked in.
Mind Lab Pro®️ supplies some of the best nootropics for bodybuilding intensity, focus, motivation and ultimate gains.
Bodybuilders need to stay mentally sharp so they can conquer the most grueling workouts. Nootropics can help these hard-training athletes boost their cognitive function for better long-term results.
- Mind Lab Pro®️ nootropics may help with various aspects of bodybuilding, making it a strong choice for mental and athletic performance.
Whether you're a new or veteran bodybuilder, Mind Lab Pro®️ can help improve energy levels, focus, stress resistance, and motivation which make a profound impact on training results.
BONUS - Ultimate Bodybuilding Stack: Mind Lab Pro®️ + Performance Lab®️ SPORT
Mind Lab Pro®️ is the best nootropic supplement on the market for bodybuilders in 2019 because of its powerful Universal Nootropic™ design.
- To get even more out of your training, stack Mind Lab Pro® with Performance Lab® SPORT formulas.
Performance Lab® is made by Opti-Nutra, which also makes Mind Lab Pro®. Therefore, it delivers the same pedigree of excellence across the whole product line.
Mind Lab Pro® and Performance Lab® SPORT formulas are all Opti-Nutra Quality.
Performance Lab® SPORT Formulas
Performance Lab® SPORT formulas that stack with Mind Lab Pro® for superior bodybuilding results include:
Foundational sports nutrition for muscle strength and development
Ingredients: Instantized BCAA from fermented sunflower lecithin in a muscle-optimized 2:1:1 ratio of L-Leucine to L-Isoleucine and L-Valine
- Supports protein synthesis, muscle maintenance, muscle energy, growth factors, lean muscle development. Enhances strength and endurance across anaerobic and aerobic exercise while nourishing muscle growth and recovery.
Muscle-priming sports nutrition for high-intensity training
Ingredients: Creatine (Creapure® pH10), Cordyceps Super™ (50% polysaccharides), L-Citrulline, L-Glutamine (Ajinomoto®), L-Carnosine (N-beta-alanyl-histidine), Himalayan Pink Salt, Maritime Pine Bark Extract (95% proanthocyanidins)
- Supports muscle energy, lactic acid buffering, blood flow to muscles, electrolyte replenishment, oxygen utilization, overall muscle function. Enhances muscle power, training intensity and endurance.
Restorative sports nutrition for muscle recovery and healthy gains
Ingredients: Organic Coconut water crystals, Himalayan Pink Salt, Creatine (Creapure® pH10), Organic Pomegranate Extract (P40p™)
- Supports anabolic muscle growth, muscle rehydration, inflammation modulation and muscle health. Protects and preserves muscle gains, enhances muscle repair, promotes muscle and joint comfort, accelerates recovery.
SPORT Fat Burner
Ingredients: Coleus Forskohlii (Forslean®), HMB (ß-Hydroxy ß-Methylbutyrate), Cayenne Pepper (Capsimax®) Black Pepper (BioPerine®)
- Supports fat breakdown and mobilization, calorie burning during exercise and metabolism. Optimizes exercise performance and efficiency while preserving muscle tissue during intense training.
Ingredients: D-Aspartic Acid Calcium Chelate, Ashwagandha (KSM- 66®), Mucuna Pruriens (15% levodopa), luteolin (from orange fruit extract)
- Supports T raw materials, T-synthesis signaling; circulating testosterone activity; T defenses; stress resistance; estrogen control. Promotes T for muscle development, athletic performance, masculine vigor and virility.
Opti-Nutra™ Quality + Mind-Body Stacking = Healthy Bodybuilding Gains
If you are interested in stacking multiple supplements to boost your strength, intensity, and ultimate muscle gains, it's a good idea to source all your supplements from one place: Opti-Nutra™ Advanced Nutraceuticals.
Stacking Opti-Nutra™ Mind Lab Pro® + Performance Lab® SPORT means you get guaranteed quality across the board.
All Opti-Nutra™ supplements are non-GMO, non-irradiated, and free of gluten, caffeine, synthetic additives, artificial colors, preservatives and banned substances.
All are also delivered in 100% vegan, prebiotic-infused Plantcaps® made from pullulan (fermented tapioca). And above all, Opti-Nutra delivers the advanced formulation strategies and premium ingredients that can enhance performance naturally, for the superior bodybuilding results you seek.
- Hart, Patricia. What is the Mind-Body Connection? UMN.edu
- Kilyk, Emma. Dopamine and Motivation. SiOWfa15: Science in Our World: Certainty and Controversy. 2015 September 15.
- Vale, Rodrigo et al. Cortisol and Physical Exercise. Cortisol: Physiology, Regulation, and Health Implications. 2012 June (New York: Nova Science Publishers, Inc.): 129-138
- Hybertson, Brooks M. et al. Oxidative Stress in Health and Disease: The Therapeutic Potential of Nrf2 Activation. Molecular Aspects of Medicine. 2011 August-December (32:4-6): 234-246.
- Caffeine: How Much is Too Much? MayoClinic.org. 2017 March 8.
- Olsson, EM et al. A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group Study of the Standardised Extract SHR-5 of the Roots of Rhodiola rosea in the Treatment of Subjects with Stress-Related Fatigue. Planta Med. 2009 Feb; 75(2): 105-112.
- Avraham, Y. et al. Tyrosine Improves Appetite, Cognition, and Exercise Tolerance in Activity Anorexia. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2001 Dec; 33(12) 104-110.
- Jager, R. et al. Improving Mental Regeneration After Physical Exercise. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2008; 5(Suppl 1): P3.
- McCarty, MF. High-Dose Pyridoxine as an 'Anti-Stress' Strategy. Med Hypotheses. 2000 May; 54(5): 803-807.