Mind Lab Pro®
Lion’s Mane Mushroom 500 mg
as Full-Spectrum Extract
Lion’s Mane is the only mushroom that is clinically shown to support brain health, supplying unique nootropic support for the synthesis of brain-building Nerve Growth Factor (NGF).*
- Promotes formation and release of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF)*
- May help with brain plasticity in response to new learning*
- Foundation support for clear memory and overall cognition*
- Promotes healthy mood balance*
- May help with mild age-related cognitive issues*
Mind Lab Pro®'s Lion’s Mane Mushroom
- Mind Lab Pro®'s full-spectrum Lion’s Mane extract supplies all the mushroom's constituents including its active nootropics: Hericenones and erinacines
Why Mind Lab Pro® includes Lion’s Mane Mushroom
Lion's Mane Mushroom stimulates the brain's natural production of Nerve growth factor (NGF).<1>
NGF is important for the survival, maintenance and regeneration of neurons throughout the body. In the brain, NGF helps to promote healthy function in several different ways, including:<2,3>
- Promoting growth, connection and organization of brain cells
- Enhancing brain signaling, including long-term potentiation (LTP)
- Maintaining plasticity and healthy function in the hippocampus
- Regulating myelination of nerve cells
In human research, low NGF levels have been associated with mood problems and age-related degenerative brain issues.<4,5> Even in the short term, animal research suggests that blocking NGF may impair spatial memory.
- Mind Lab Pro® includes Lion’s Mane Mushroom as a nerve growth factor-supportive agent for healthy brain structure and plasticity, which may in turn promote sharp memory, healthy mood and overall cognition.
Nerve Growth Factor itself has a large molecular weight that cannot cross the blood-brain barrier. Lion's Mane Mushroom's active nootropic compounds -- hericenones and erinacines -- have a low molecular weight, so they can easily cross the blood-brain barrier and stimulate NGF synthesis directly in the brain.<6>
Most Lion's Mane Mushroom research points to its potential to help with brain degeneration and its related cognitive performance concerns.<7>
Early human research also suggests Lion's Mane Mushroom may promote a bright, balanced mood while helping to ease emotional tension.<8>
How Lion’s Mane Mushroom may help with brain health and mental performance
Lion’s Mane promotes nerve growth factor (NGF) synthesis, which is essential for the hippocampal plasticity that underlies memory and new learning. Animal research has also suggested Lion’s Mane Mushroom may help to accelerate nerve regeneration and the myelination of new nerves.<9>
Lion’s Mane Mushroom may indirectly protect the brain by promoting the nerve growth factor that supports healthy brain structure and nerve myelination. Some early animal research also suggests that Lion’s Mane mushroom may help to protect the brain against irregular proteins that are associated with brain degeneration.<10>
Mind Lab Pro® Stack Strategy: Lion's Mane + Phosphatidylserine (PS) for Brain Building
Lion's Mane Mushroom supplies unique nootropic support for nerve growth factor, which in turn stimulates neurogenesis: The creation of new brain cells. Phosphatidlyserine (PS) supplies phospholipid nutrition that is a required building block for the formation of new brain cells, especially cell membranes.
- Together in Mind Lab Pro®, Lion's Mane Mushroom and PS supply complementary nootropic support that promotes both the growth and proliferation of new brain cells and healthy, flexible brain cell membranes -- promoting the ideal brain structure for sharp cognitive performance and long range brain health.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.